- Develop technical aspects of the Project’s strategy to ensure alignment with business goals. Also establish the Project’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the Project’s technological development.
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise Project infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and developments
- Monitor KPIs and budgets to assess technological performance
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks Project-wide
- Studying Project systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Selection and acquisition of complimenting technologies
- Aptitude for technology innovation, facilitating R&D and budgeting
- Market research and expertise on project economics/lifecycle and net present value analyses.
Education and Experience
- BS in chemical engineering and at least 15 years’ experience in a senior project position responsible for Refinery and/or petrochemical plant technologies.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Well versed in current latest technological trends.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills