POSITION: DECK ENGINEER – Offshore
Work location: onboard client vessel
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION:
The Deck Engineer will support the Duty Watch Engineer and performs regular duties, maintenance and reports accordingly. He is reporting to the First Engineer.
- Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Comply to Client’s safety policies and report non-compliances.
- Perform maintenance and repairs as per First Engineer’s instructions.
- Carry out other department related tasks when required by management.
- Play an active role regarding improvements of the performance of deck / project equipment on board.
- Contribute to improve maintenance standards where needed.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of workshops and keep all tools in good and serviceable order.
- Assist project / construction crew on board as instructed by First Engineer.
- Provide feedback regarding daily activities to First Engineer.
- Ability to independently perform pile driving operations.
- Competency as Marine Engineer Officer.
- Good knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Good knowledge of oral and written English.
- Sufficient knowledge of typical offshore contractors equipment
- Offshore Medical
- Medical STCW