POSITION: FIRST ELECTRICIAN – Offshore
Work location: onboard client vessel
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION:
The First Electrician is responsible for managing the daily operations of the vessel’s electrical department, including maintenance and repair activities in coordination and agreement of the First Engineer.
- Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- Supporting the Chief electrician in arranging the safe operation of the vessel electrical and electronic equipment.
- Manage maintenance and repair activities of the electrical part of the vessel machinery and contractor’s equipment, using the Company’s planned maintenance systems and procedures.
- On board training and familiarization of electrical department staff.
- Actively promote HSE awareness within the technical department and safeguard compliance with Client HSE procedures.
- Provide electrical assistance to the project construction team.
- Act as Duty Electrician.
- Knowledge of Vessel Management Systems (preferably Kongsberg).
- Basic knowledge of High Voltage power generation and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of PLC controlled equipment.
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems (preferably AMOS).
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Offshore Medical
- Seafarers Medical
- Basic Safety Training STCW
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats
- Advance Fire fighting
- Medical First Aid
- Ship Security Awareness
- Certificate of Competency