Great opportunity to work onboard a Heavy lift vessel for one of our clients in the offshore renewables and oil & gas sector world wide. On a regular basis we are looking for 1st Engineers. The first Engineer is responsible to the Chief Engineer for the execution of the daily operations of the Marine Engineering department on board. This includes maintenance and repair activities.
- Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- Responsibility for the safe operation of the vessel main machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Manage maintenance and repair activities of the vessel machinery and contractor’s equipment, using the Company’s planned maintenance procedures.
- On board training and familiarization of technical staff.
- Actively promote HSE awareness within the technical department and safeguard compliance with Client HSE procedures.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in managing the vessel’s technical department.
- Provide technical assistance to the project construction team.
- Act as Duty Engineer
- First Engineer Certificate (Engineer Officer Certificate Class 2).
- Knowledge of Vessel Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Dynamic Positioning Systems (preferably Kongsberg).
- Knowledge of power generation and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Duty Engineer.
- K-Chief Step 1
- Pile Driving
- Offshore Medical
- Medical STCW