Great opportunity to work on a platform for one of our clients in the offshore renewables and oil & gas sector world wide. We are looking for a HSE Officer. The HSE Officer Manage HSE issues for the workforce and cooperate with shift-rigger/welder foremen on how to limit the risks.
- Promote Safe Working Practices and Behaviours
- Overall advisory role towards safe execution of project
- Exercises daily control of HSE activities on board during project
- Coordinate implementation, monitoring and controlling of HSE activities on board during project
- On board HSE contact point for Client and subcontractors HSE representatives
- Ensure adequate and timely exchange of information and reporting
- Liaise with Project Manager and QHSE Manager
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the clients Management System
- Conducts all activities and tasks in accordance with clients corporate objectives
Capability profile / Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor level of Occupational Health and Safety education (NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 6 or equivalent).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in the renewable wind sector (or offshore construction).
- Experience with the implementation of the UK legal framework, CDM regulations, and HSE related industry best practice.
- Experience with risk management and control (Safety in Design, performing HAZID/HIRA sessions, application of Hierarchy of Controls, ensuring ALARP).
- Experience in preparing and conducting HSE audits/site visits/inspections.
- Strong team player and self-starter.
- Able to liaise and communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- Flexibility to travel within Europe if required (incl. offshore).