Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide effective management onboard the vessel of project mobilisation, offshore operations and de-mobilisation
- Plan, organise and schedule offshore operations in liaison with the Project Manager, Captain and Client Representative whilst considering the constraints of the overall project schedule
- Liaise with the Captain for all aspects related to the management and safe operation of the Vessel
- Provide the Shift Supervisors an overview of the upcoming operations and direct them as required in the specific operations to be executed within their shift.
- Direct and consult with the Field and Project Engineers for technical/operational input to offshore activities
- Direct and consult with the ROV and Technical Superintendents for technical/operational input to offshore activities and, for the maintenance and readiness of their respective equipment for short and medium term operations.
- Actively monitor all aspects of the execution of operations
- Maintain a close and effective operational communication with the Project Manager, the Captain, the Ship Operation Manager, the Subcontractors and the Client Representative onboard
- Verify that task plans, offshore risk assessments, updates and changes to procedures (subject to MOC) are produced and approved
- Follow-up and implement any corrective and/or mitigation action arising from audits, inspections, reviews, non-conformances, observations and UERs.
- Issue a Daily Progress Report, which covers Project and Marine activities in accordance with the recommended format and have the same approved by the Client Representative onboard.
- Plan and organise crew changes in liaison with the Worksite Administrator and the Personnel Logistics Coordinator
- In liaison with the Captain, verify that adequate systems are in place to effectively respond to any emergency and critical situations
- Assist Project Managers, Tender Project Managers and their respective teams to prepare, validate, risk assess offshore execution plans and installation procedures as well as validate sequence and duration of activities