Procurement Expert in Romania.
Duration: 1 year with prolongation possibility
Working schedule: 40 hours per week
Tasks and responsibilities
The Job Holder is accountable for the effective and efficient procurement management of major capital projects in order to ensure timely execution of investments in line with planned budget and quality, assuring Procurement Governance in the projects in line with the Corporate Procurement Policies.
The Job holder acts as single point of contact (SPOC) vis a vis the Project / Program Organization (Project Owner, Project Manager, Asset Development Manager) for all procurement related activities during the full term of project(s) / program(s).
The scope of duties for Job Holder encompass:
- Planning, implementing and managing related project procurement services (incl expediting services, contract management and claim management) for project(s) / program(s) cross all Business units;
- Execution of Procurement Activities for and within project(s) / program(s);
- Providing senior expertise towards top management in the Gate Keeping decision process of major capital projects / major capital project programs;
- Defines the portfolio strategy (PCS) and translates into project(s) / program(s) related contracting strategy to assure most effective utilization of financial resources;
- Ensures that an initial Market Impact Analysis and risk assessment is conducted on services required for the assigned project(s) / program(s) well before implementation as a valuable input into procurement strategy and Capacity Planning;
- Defines the procurement execution process of the project(s) / program(s) and aligns it with internal and external interfaces in order to have the project(s) / program(s) developed in time, in budget and according to quality requirements;
- Provides governance and coordinates / supervises procurement services for major capital investment project(s) / program(s) (cross functional, international) in order to assure the consistency of the corporate project contracting approach;
- Manages the procurement execution of the project(s) / program(s) in order to assure the project(s) / program(s) being developed in time, in budget and according to quality requirements;
- Constantly assesses and monitors processes, framework and KPI’s as well as performance of external suppliers and provides recommendations towards internal organization to facilitate a permanent improvement of project(s) / program(s) performance on group level.
- University degree required
- Commercial, technical, legal and project management knowledge
- Relevant professional experience > 10 years
- 3 – 5 years of extensive experience in project procurement management and project management in international environment
- Experience in remote/virtual project team coordination
- Experience in coordinating complex project procurement activities, organization and prioritization.
- Previous exposure to Senior management interactions
- Good communication and presentation skills; intercultural awareness
- Leadership of transnational teams including flexibility and willingness for business travels
- Advanced execution skills
- Advanced interaction skills
- very good negotiation skills
- Ability to delegate complex tasks and responsibilities
- English knowledge – Business fluent (written and spoken)
- Other languages as German, Romanian, Turkish, Arabian, French (advantage)
- Strong ability to withstand stress, responsible and flexible personality
- Customer oriented, reliable and good team player
- Solid understanding of the oil/gas business
- Advanced IT skills / application of SAP, MS Office and standard Procurement Applications and Project Management tools