Tasks and responsibilities
- Guarantor of technical design integrity in the respective disciplines
- Guarantor for engineering-consistency above all disciplines and involved contractors
- Contribute to realization of operation and maintenance demands with his specific expertise and coordination service
- Contribution to definition of the minimal required quality standard with respect to life cycle costs
- Touch upon risks, problems and obscurities, support in its clarification and/or solution.
- Implements consistent working processes, design integrity and standardisation
- Manage and run complex engineering projects from Ideea to Execute
- Entitles contractor to elaborate results for the technical design, provides OMV/Petrom specific input.
- Approves the results of technical design that are provided by the contractor.
- Specify and implement the detailed operating/maintenance requirements.
- Decision over necessary standard deviations together with EA/TA.
- Active project progress control.
- Management of the organizational changes operations and maintenance (e.g. change of organization, trainings etc.)
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Manage and liaise with external manufacturers and suppliers
- Co-ordination of the assigned specialist areas.
- Continuously improvement of the process project management.
- Fulfil project targets in respect to functionality
- Active coordination between project team, operation, maintenance and contractor (e.g. engineer partner etc.).
- Ensure integrity of data in the Engineering Design Documentation is standardized and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Ensure a structured approach to enhance the value of the project.
- Ensure the compliance with all relevant European and local engineering legislation.
- Provide guidance for standardization of equipment, procedures and policies advantageous for the project.
- Take the lead in ensuring technical design integrity for the assigned projects.
- Be process interface and perform gap management for all technical issues.
- Ensure that interfaces between projects are addressed and resolved.
- Provide input to the monthly project reports.
- Assist in reviewing and optimizing the SELECT, DEFINE, EPC/ EPCM and construction contractor’s organization, coordination procedures, manpower plan and schedules.
- Participate in development of site-specific project construction / execution strategy and materials logistics.
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately
- Approve all engineering control documents such as plot plans. P&ID’s, electrical single line diagrams, control panel drawings, building layout drawings, equipment and subcontract specifications (only for major equipment’s and contracts), bid summary recommendations etc
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress
- Ensure commissioning and start-up procedure is addressed.
- Advice the project teams in utilization of environmental friendly techniques and material to decrease emissions.
- Ensure timely performance of HAZOP and safety reviews and incorporation of recommendations.
- Ensure study for obtaining approval for PED classified lines is performed and received.
- Ensure implementation of the detailed engineering execution strategy.
- Review project’s readiness for implementation.
- Ensure compliance by the EPC/EPCM and construction contractors with basic design concepts, project specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that 3D models are prepared during design stage for inference/clash check, equipment, piping, cables, underground facilities etc. and approval by the project teams.
- Coordination of offsite facilities & utilities and ensure the requirements are defined for each unit and implemented in time.
- Coordinate overall shut down requirements for project tie-ins to existing facilities and OSBL / ISBL interfaces.
- Ensure elaboration of cost estimates in accordance with international standards throughout the whole project phase (AACE, AspenTech Kbase software).
- Lead cross functional projects within area of responsibility
- Recheck on site the As Built documentation versus the actual works executed
- University degree 5 years (technical), MSc
- Minimum 7 years relevant professional experience
- Advanced experience and knowledge in design, project management techniques and software applications, refining industry (min. 5 years)
- Advanced English proficiency;
- MS Office
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (Romanian and English).
- Ability to execution, interaction and maximize the profits
- Building alternative / Options in treating cases or multiple tasks
- Initiative for presentation new solutions to solve problems
- Basic knowledge of Engineering and Contracting in Romania
- Familiar with the application and importance of Petrom standards
- Strong fundamental knowledge design and its application in automation industrial designs