Great opportunity to work onboard a Heavy lift vessel for one of our clients in the offshore renewables and oil & gas sector world wide. We are looking for a Safety Officer. The Safety Officer Manage HSE issues for the workforce and cooperate with shift-rigger/welder foremen on how to limit the risks.
We would like to get in touch with you for several Projects.
- proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- To actively execute the HSE policy on board.
- To monitor and keep vessel, crew and onboard marine and construction activities in compliance with (inter)national legislation, flag state requirements, and accepted industry standards,
Clients standard and contractual objectives.
- Recommend and propose improvements to the Clients Management System.
- Initiate onboard familiarisation, safety meetings with Safety Committee and maintain records of such events.
- To make sure that all safety instructions are followed at all times and that PPE is supplied and used correctly.
- Facilitate HSE Toolbox meetings
- Assist Chief Officer with handling of dangerous goods.Assist with the preparations of PTW’s and the administration of the PTW system. Ensure that PTW’s are in place prior to works commencing.
- Initiate weekly Safety tour around the HLV and report to Captain and QESH department.
- Organize and execute Safety drills in liaison with Chief Officer
- Ensure that all near misses, incidents, accidents and damages are recorded and reported in the system and assist with the investigation and reporting of it.
- Ensuring that specific PPE (i.e. workvest, fall arrestor etc.) is available as per job requirement for project/construction crew.
- Assist shift- rigger foremen with safety inspections on Barges, Jackets and/or Decks to be installed, Scaffolding around welding access where
- Coordinate and assess provision of “safe walkways” in all work related areas.
- Be on deck more than 50% of the shift.
- Manage vessel familiarisation process including safety induction and specific onboard training.
- Indicate and record non compliances using the non-conformance reporting procedure.
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement onboard safety awareness programmes in conjunction with the Captain and QESH Department.
- Maintain Safety office document & filing system in accordance with procedures.
- Report any situations which can jeopardize the safe operation of the crew and the vessel to the Captain or his deputy without delay. A proactive vision will be
required to enhance prevention of unsafe
Skills / Qualifications
- Industry recognised safety certificates like NEBOSH or equivalent, is compulsory.
- Good reporting capabilities.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good command of the English language, verbally as well as in writing.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant offshore experience.
- Adequate knowledge of the layout of the vessel, operations of safety equipment and systems.
- All by STCW for this position required certificates
- Large-scale knowledge of the applicable codes, guidelines and standards.