Great opportunity to work onboard a Heavy lift vessel for one of our clients in the offshore renewables and oil & gas sector world wide. On a regular basis we are looking for Second Officer. The Second Officer is Reporting to the Chief Mate. The Second Officer has an operational and supportive role to the Officer of Watch and is responsible to the Chief Mate. He shall be capable of being Watch responsible in all aspects.
- Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- Assisting the Chief Mate and First Officer in the safe watchkeeping onboard in all vessel modes (e.g. in transit, on DP, moored alongside etc.).
- Act as winch operator during Anchor mooring operations.
- Assisting the Chief Mate in executing Safety drills in accordance with the vessel’s Safety Management System.
- Provide marine assistance to the project construction team.
1. The positions reporting to him/her.
2. Bosun / AB Seamen
3. Duty Engineers
4. Duty Electricians
5. Safety Officer
6. Communication Officer
7. Project construction crew
8. Liaise with those necessary to comply with this job description.
- Offshore Medical
- Medical STCW
- GWO (Preferred)
- Knowledge of position mooring station keeping and/or anchor handling