- North Sea
- Full time
- 28 days on and 28 days off
- Start date:
- 11 May 2023
The Third Engineer on an Offshore Supply Vessel (OSV) is responsible for assisting the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer in maintaining and repairing all mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment on board the vessel. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all safety protocols are followed and that the vessel is operating efficiently.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer in the maintenance, repair, and operation of all mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment on board the vessel.
- Conduct regular inspections of equipment and systems to ensure that they are operating efficiently and safely.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, including replacing parts, lubricating moving parts, and checking fluid levels.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance and repairs performed on the vessel.
- Maintain an inventory of spare parts and equipment necessary for the maintenance and repair of the vessel.
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and conducting regular safety drills.
- Assist with the supervision and training of junior engineering staff.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- A degree or diploma in marine engineering or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Third Engineer on an offshore supply vessel or similar vessel.
- Experience with diesel engines, electrical systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards related to vessel maintenance and safety.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work in remote locations and for extended periods of time.
- Possession of required STCW certification.
- Physical Demands:
- The Third Engineer will be required to work in a physically demanding environment, including lifting heavy equipment, working in confined spaces, and climbing ladders and stairs.
This is a full-time position and may require working on a rotation schedule, such as 28 days on and 28 days off.