- The Netherlands
- Full time
- Start date:
Has the responsibility for the safe and efficient execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures.
This includes adhering to the Company Code of Conduct, Vision, Values and Behaviours, as supported by the Safe System of Working including Accountability of Safety.
All personnel are expected to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner where Company HSEQ Performance Expectations are firmly embedded within our teams day to day working practises contributing towards an open culture founder upon positive behaviours and good leadership.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsibility for the safe execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation, contract and company and project procedures.
- The Shift Supervisor is responsible for keeping the DP operator informed of any change in status of the operation. He will keep the bridge informed of all equipment deployed and equipment movements from the vessel. He shall inform the bridge immediately in the event of an emergency.
- The Shift Supervisor is responsible for all deck activities.
- The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all equipment used by the project team is in a satisfactory condition as regards performance, maintenance and calibration necessary to carry out the operation.
- The Shift Supervisor has a specific duty to terminate the operation if he/she considers that any malfunction or operation of the equipment would prejudice the safety and/or satisfactory completion of the operation.
- Ensuring that all reporting requirements as laid out in the Clients project documentation are undertaken.
- Collating the necessary information attaining to the project and obtaining approval by customer’s representative where required.
- Ensuring that a thorough and detailed handover briefing prior to transferring control of the operation to a relief Supervisor – this includes comfort/meal breaks.
- Ensuring that all personnel involved in the operation receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks in a safe and effective manner.
- Be familiar with and implementation of the Clients management of change Process & Procedures.
- Maximising the working synergies between project and marine personnel.
- Maximising the use of common work processes between project and marine departments.
- The Shift Supervisor shall actively ensure the implementation of the Clients Competence Assurance Assessment Programme for Personnel engaged in the operation.
- To assist as required by onshore management in support of ongoing operations, business acquisition, training and competence, and HSEQ activities.
Main Job Requirements
- The High Voltage Supervisor will be responsible for the HV and FO termination works and associated reporting of work done. This will include the supervision of the HV and FO jointers
- Demonstrate experience in performing all stages of the termination and test activity including cable stripping, hang off installation, cable routing, cleating and FO & HV terminations of different termination types such as Tyco, Pfisterer, Nexans, NKT
- 66kV Termination Certificate and demonstrated experience of relevant manufacturers products
- Cable testing – sheath test, TDR, OTDR, IR, VLF/DAC
- Review & analyze electrical and fibre optical test reports
- Competence to ‘Prove Dead’ HV systems
- Experience and knowledge to operate as skilled/ Competent Person or Authorized Person within an Electrical Safety System
- Ability to motivate a team to achieve quality and schedule requirements
- Demonstrate a robust attitude toward Health and Safety by being able to identify & mitigate any risks that arise, foreseen or unforeseen, and demonstrate Safety Leadership at all times
- Plan activity and equipment/consumables supplies to ensure works continues during HV and FO termination and testing works
- Review and prepare procedures and task plans
- Arrange preparation of equipment in advance of each deployment
- Perform Toolbox Talks prior to commencing works
- Reinforce the importance of critical project reporting and capturing the required images through the different stages of the installation process. Ensuring that no stages are missed and complete record of the installation is made available for final delivery to client.
- Reporting of incidents and accidents and observations via company reporting mechanism.
Any other duties as directed by the Offshore Manager.