- The Netherlands
- Full time
- Location area:
- Start date:
- As soon as possible
Our client, a leading shipping company in the Netherlands, is seeking a Vessel Superintendent to join their Technical department in the Amsterdam Area. As a Vessel Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth coordination of daily support, planned and breakdown maintenance, repair activities of assigned vessels, and maintaining the technical status to maximize the fleet's uptime.
Additionally, you will be responsible for arranging statutory surveys with Classification authorities and ensuring that the fleet is up to respective Class standards. You will prepare and maintain yearly budgets for assigned vessels and carry out repair/maintenance projects within the most efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly way. You will also supervise the repair/maintenance team, including 3rd parties.
- Coordinate daily support, planned and breakdown maintenance, and repair activities of assigned vessels to maintain technical status and maximize fleet uptime.
- Arrange statutory surveys with Classification authorities and maintain the fleet up to the respective Class standards.
- Prepare and maintain yearly budgets for assigned vessels.
- Carry out repair/maintenance projects within the most efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly way.
- Supervise the repair/maintenance team, including 3rd parties.
- Higher Vocational Education (HTS/MTS) Scheepswerktuigkundige B of C, Werktuigbouw or scheepsbouwkunde.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position as Superintendent.
- Knowledge of the applicable occupational Health & Safety rules and Class/Flag state certificates.
- Knowledge of Fleet Management system.
- Knowledge of Project Management and associated IT systems.
- Knowledge of MS office software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing (Dutch and English).
What We Offer:
We offer a challenging position with corresponding responsibilities in a pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic growing company with an open and positive corporate culture. In addition to a good salary and excellent benefits, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experts in the shipping industry.
If you have the required knowledge, experience, and are interested in this position, please send your resume supplemented with a motivation letter through our a application button.