For major capital projects in Europe:
Our firm is searching for an experienced Buyer who will be able to process purchasing requisitions from the managers in the field and turn those requisitions into purchase orders. The Buyer will be responsible for creating purchase order tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued, answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and an strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
- Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders
- Deliver a weekly purchase order report to management that indicates the vendor invoice number for all closed purchase orders
- Work with the inventory management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
- Establish reliable lines of contact with field management team to ensure that all field purchase orders are accurate
- Minimum 5 years experience in the rail road industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field required
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Professional English is a Must and German speaking candidates are preferred.