Great opportunity to work onboard a Heavy lift vessel for one of our clients in the offshore renewables and oil & gas sector world wide. On a regular basis we are looking for 2nd electricians.
The Second Electrician reports to the first Electrician and executes the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment on board.
Work location: onboard client vessel
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION:
The electrician reports to the first Electrician and executes the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment on board.
- Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- Assisting the First Electrician in arranging the safe operation of the vessel electrical and electronic equipment.
- Provides electrical assistance to the project construction team.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities using the company’s planned maintenance systems and procedures.
- Full GWO
- Secondary school Electrical Energy or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Vessel Management Systems.
- Knowledge of power generation and distribution systems.
- Basic knowledge of variable frequency drives.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Offshore Medical
- Seafarers Medical
- Basic Safety Training STCW
- Ship Security Awareness
- Full GWO
- Certificate of Proficiency